Sunday, August 7, 2011

EXPERIMENT UPDATE!

Nightwing - Damian Wayne - by 122476

I put in a résumé for an assistant editor job at Vertigo (under my real name). Freakin’ amazing. We’re talking about the imprint that puts out American Vampire, Hellblazer, and Fables as well as how many other ground-breaking titles (Swamp Thing, DMZ, Northlanders, Y: The Last Man, Damn—SANDMAN, people! Freakin’ SANDMAN!) And to work with the legendary Ms. Karen Berger, Ms. Shelly Bond, Mr. Will Dennis, and Mr. Mark Doyle would be the ultimate dream job. I’m crossing fingers. I’ve got all the qualifications, and I’m even signed up for Saturday classes at the Kubert School to top off my mad art skillz.

I'll keep you posted!

In other news:

* Sent in a one-page entry into the One and Done Anthology by InvestComics. Written by me with art by the awesome Shannon Fowler (check her out at http://emilylorange.blogspot.com!), “Forever’s Prison” chronicles the life of an immortal nomad and answers the question, “Who the hell doesn’t want to live forever?” If chosen, I’ll put it up here after publication. If not, I’ll put it up when I know.

* Getting ready for NYCC. By then, the Experiment should be on the cusp of its second year with covers for FD and hopefully the five-page story “And Many More” with art by 122476.

* Sent in my order for DCnU. Excited to see the changes, though sad that to lose RR, Booster Gold, and the Teen Titans as we know them.

* Commissioned last cover of “Scions of Darkness” from the always incredible 122476. Look for it sometime this week. (Check him out at http://122476.blogspot.com!)

* Finished writing False Dawn #20: Life, or Something Called It in comic book script. Working on short story edition. Casia, Donnielle, and Lance attempt to find Ral and Jayden but discover their battle isn’t with Project: Avatar. It’s with Lance’s past.

* I’m reading Deadpool and Cable: Ultimate Collection Volume 2. Mr. Nicieza is a comic genius, but the suspense is killing me. Will the late, great Bea Arthur make a cameo!?

* Also on the reading list—Drake Tsui’s Sin. If you’re not reading this, you’re missing out.

D to the L to the M

No comments:

Post a Comment