Thursday, September 22, 2011

MTV Comics, Stan Lee, and The Seekers

As some of you may know, the last three weeks have been crazy. With NYCC coming up, I wanted to get this blog in order with formatting and proofreading done to all issues, begin positing with covers, and even procure profiles/sketches my characters.

Oh, and y'know, get Stan Lee and MTV Comics's project done.

Yeah, 'bout that...Stan Lee and MTV Comics are launching a new comic called The Seekers, and they're hiring newbie creators for the project. I submitted my entry just last night, and you'll know if I make the first cut Monday.

Okay, you'll know if I don't, but...*crosses fingers* I'm actually more nervous now than I was before I submitted. This is the only contest of this magnitude I know. I enter contests for short stories, novels, and one-act plays monthly, but to a write a comic book - that just doesn't happen. AND TO WORK WITH STAN LEE and MTV COMICS!

Whoa.

This is an incredible opportunity. Hey, if Mark Bagley can win a Marvel contest and go on to draw every major character from both Marvel and DC in the last three decades, why can't I go on to write them?

Devin Leigh Michaels

P.S. ...yes, I know I'm not Mark Bagley. Heck, no one is Mark Bagley except Mark Bagley. That’s not what I meant, and you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment