Sunday, December 13, 2009

Welcome!

WHAT IS THE BREAK-OUT COMIC BOOK EXPERIMENT?  (UPDATED AUGUST 9, 2011!)

I'm glad you asked.

The Break-Out Comic Book Experiment is just that—an experiment!

OBJECTIVE:
To work in some capacity at a comic book company by my twenty-eighth birthday

TEST:
Write a monthly comic.

PARAMETERS:
I will post one issue by the 17th of each month in two forms, short story/novel and comic book script. The proposed series is entitled False Dawn. Though not part of the project’s outline, a short story might pop up in my head. It happens*shrugs* — and it will be posted in same formats.

EXPERIENCE/RESEARCH:
When breaking into comics, writing is arguably harder than artists. Since I can’t go to ComicCon and attend a talent search for writers, I’m hoping to showcase my writing talents here. Many Internet comic book creators have become paid comic book creators for main companies through their blogs/Webpages. Though I am not an artist (but I'm working on it!), I’m hoping my writing will speak for me.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
Aspiring comic book writer/novelist; former intern for DC Comics in Advertising/Promotions (under real name); B.A. in Communications with Concentration in Writing; former peer/professional writing tutor; technical yearbook advisor (volunteer); former copy center associate at Staples (Associate of the Month for March 2009); currently, a load team support for an international retail wholesale travel company; Saturday-class student at the Kubert School in Dover, N.J. (September 2011)

ORIGINAL PUBLICATIONS:
Short story "The Viewer"  in America's Got Stories Vol. 1 (July 2011)original novel, Destiny's Fate (April 2011) ; writer of False Dawn (2009-present); editor of middle school yearbook (2003-present)

HONORS:
Lambda Pi Eta – National Communications Honor Society; Dean’s List (2004-2008); Master Tutor Award (2008); Respresentative for company's global ball in Paris, France (July 2011)

RESEARCH TEAM:
Special thanks to Momma Michaels and Erin Meier for all their editing and 122476, Emily L'Orange, and Wolfram003 for their art!

RESULT OF EXPERIMENT:
We’ll find out together!

No comments:

Post a Comment